5 Recipes to Make for Disney Movie Night
Who doesn’t love Disney movie night? It’s a chance for the kids (and parents?) to dress up, pick that favorite movie, and celebrate family time Disney style. At least put on the ultimate mouse ears, if you don’t want to go full Disney costume-wise.
If these ears aren’t officially guaranteed to raise your happiness quota, well, they should be. Nothing is ever too bleak if you’re wearing mouse ears that are inspired by your favorite Disney characters.
Now, let’s talk food.
With the weather turning warm, it’s time to ramp up your taste buds with some fruity spring flavors.
Disney Blended Beverages
If you’ve never been on a Disney cruise but have always wanted to, these concoctions come straight from the famous cruise line. I love it when Disney is in a sharing mood, don’t you? Check out the recipes on the Disney blog here.
But after that delicious brain freeze, what’s next?
How about a warm, gooey, cheesy …
Disney Monte Cristo Sandwich
This recipe comes from Six Sisters’ Stuff and is a favorite of Disney-loving patrons everywhere. Keep the jam well off to the side. Some kids may not be able to wrap their minds around the whole ham and cheese sandwich paired with peanut butter’s best friend, and you don’t want any epic meltdowns from the young members of the family. But we bet they’ll adore it if they’re brave enough to give it a try.
I mean--sweet and fruity jam. What’s not to love?
- 6 slices bread
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
- 6 slices turkey
- 6 slices ham
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar (for topping)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (for dipping)
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat 1 to 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- To assemble the sandwich, layer one slice of bread, ham, provolone cheese, turkey, and swiss cheese, and then another slice of bread.
- Secure all 4 corners of the sandwich with toothpicks.
- For the batter, in a bowl beat the egg. Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and water and mix until all smooth.
- Dip sandwich in batter, coating all edges and sides.
- Carefully fry the sandwich until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate to soak up the extra oil.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, remove toothpicks, and serve with your favorite raspberry jam.
Have fun, Disney-loving friends!